Desktop- and Webpublishing
Media Club members
- How to prepare text for desktop and web publishing (and why it makes a difference to work for this different platforms)
- Prepare pictures for these platforms (very basics, gimp)
- Basic usage of skribus and possibly inkscape
Usage of ../OfflineInternet if we're able to provide this.
- The participants should aquire the following skills in this workshop:
- Navigate the Ubuntu Desktop to find stored files and the applications users want to use.
- Connecting external devices (usb sticks, camera) to a computer and retrieve/store files.
- Using a word processor to type documents and apply simple styles.
- Using spreadsheet programs and create simple sheets with some calcualations.
- Very simple image manipulation.
- Using a DTP program to create a small newspaper.